Tuesday, June 5, 2012

NOTD: China Glaze Electric Beat + awesome skully glitter polish

No I don't have a polish that actually has skull-shaped glitter (omg how much would that rule?!)...but I DO have the last of my Hot Topic skull polishes to show you today (yea I know I said I would post this polish like a month ago--def need to improve my turn-around time)...

This is Blackheart Beauty nail polish in Party Action over China Glaze Electric Beat.


Party Action is a 'clown puke' multi colored glitter with large and small hexes in orange, teal, green, silver and magenta glitters in it. The above pic is 2 coats of Party Action over 2 coats of Electric Beat with Seche Vite on top. This glitter was kind of a pain in the neck to apply. All the glitters wanted to huddle together near my cuticles; I had to bust them up and drag them kicking and screaming to other parts of my nail. Basically the only reason I didn't toss this polish out the window is because of its kick-ass skull bottle. And, from here on in, it will serve as a cute decoration atop my vanity because I don't intend to ever use it again. I have lots of other easier-to-apply clown puke glitters that I can reach for. 

Still, I do like the combination--something about the contrast of such bright, happy glitters layered over the dusty lavenderish blue of Electric Beat makes me happy.

Have you rocked an odd but awesome color combo lately? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)