Can't wait to see 'em!
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
(see the pretties after the jump!)
Sunday, January 29, 2012
(more after the jump!)
Check out this awesome post by The PolishAholic-full of pics from her trip to the International Salon & Spa Expo-nail polish bottles far as the eye can see!!! And it looks like OPI is releasing a ballet-themed collection for their soft shades this year...can I get a squeeeee up in here?
Saturday, January 28, 2012
I've never seen Nicole by OPI at a CVS before...those dang Kardashians are just frickin inescapable, huh? I DO see room on this new display for other non-Kardouche-ian (as i call them) shades but so far all we got is Kim & ko (dear God now I'M replacing Cs with Ks, too)....
Incidentally, CVS's price for these is 7.99 a pop. Walmart's got 'em cheaper (7.49 there)...
***edit*** ok i cant un-sideways the frickin pic from my stupid blogger-to-go app. It's ok. We all know the Ks are quite accustomed to being horizontal (at least Kim is)
G, as the author of Nouveau Cheap calls herself, has been my makeup guru ever since I first stumbled upon her awesome blog about a year ago. If you are like me and you don't have a whole lot of money to throw around, then the info that Nouveau Cheap contains is a godsend. I can truly say it has helped me locate the best of the best for less when it comes to beauty products
To put it in her own words (quoted from her profile here on Blogger) G is, " a consumer with three decades of product obsession under my belt and love to scour the drugstores, dollar stores, big box stores, etc. to find quality beauty products with friendly price tags. I try to provide my readers with as much info as possible so that they can make an informed decision when they make a purchase"...and she delivers on all fronts! She does the BEST, most thorough, well thought out and composed reviews of products (both new stuff and classic drugstore standby beauty products) and her pictures and swatches are impeccable. Thanks to her, I was able to locate my HG (holy grail--or makeup junkie speak for "awesomest, most bestest can't live without it") powder foundation, pen-style liquid eyeliner, and so many other products that I now use regularly and love (of course, it does help that she and I have a lot in common when it comes to complexion and skin type).
Two features of G's blog that I find absolutely indispensable:
1) her weekly drugstore beauty sales. Basically, every week, she pulls together all the details of every beauty sale that CVS, Riteaid and Walgreens are running and summarizes all the deals for you in a handy-dandy bullet-point format. I literally go out with those posts pulled up on my smartphone and scour the aisles--it's become a frickin ritual for me! She also is dedicated to schooling her readers on how to use each drugstore's rewards program (Xtra Up Register Reward whatsit?? if you're confused as to which store does what, G will set ya straight).
2) her interactive sightings map for ever elusive Wet n Wild limited edition collections. Basically, what I'm talking about is a map of the entire frickin country with little pinpoints that G asks her readers to place indicated where said readers have spotted these much coveted collections. I have none other than G, her readers and her sightings map to thank for helping me track down Wet n Wild's 2011 Dream Weaver limited edition shadow trios (and you better believe I am eternally grateful)--which is my proudest makeup junkie triumph to date!
so anyway, that's enough yammering from me. Please go check out Nouveau Cheap and give her much love & thanks for the hard work she does to put together her BLOG OF AWESOMENESS!! (:::echo effect::: awesomeness...awesomeness... awesomeness)
Just downloaded the Blogger app for my phone so I can blog on the go....holla! Bitches betta be scared of me, yo... ;)
ok, maybe that wasn't the best pic because I look seriously pissed in it--but it's the only pic I have right now. I just got a brand new nifty camera, though, so expect many, much more friendly pics to come.
So I guess I should say a little about why I started this blog. Basically I needed some sort of outlet for my crazy makeup and nail polish obsession--I know, I know. As if there aren't enough makeup and polish blogs out there already. Yea well, if everyone else can have a blog, then why can't I--so THERE. ::sticks out tongue:: Ok, all bandwagon-jumping aside, I DO have what I consider to be a decently thought out vision for this blog.
If all things go well and I am able to corral my 3 small children long enough for me to post every now and again, I hope to fill this blog up with posts that feature all the awesome and cheap beauty products out there and how you can use said products to get all doozied up.
Since (as I mentioned above) I'm raising 3 kids, I don't have a whole lot of time or a whole lotta budget for beauty so my primary focus will be drugstore cosmetics and the fast but fab looks you can create with them.
I'm planning on categorizing my posts into the following:
1) products I love
2) FOTDs and NOTDs (that is Makeupalley.com speak for 'face of the day' and 'nails of the day'--basically pics of looks you're rockin with a breakdown of products you used to create them)
3) peaks into my ever-growing stash of makeup and nail polish
4) tutorials on how to create certain makeup and nail looks
5) blogs/pages I love
6) whatever I deem appropriate at any given time (hey, my blog, my rules!)...
If I still have ANY readers looking at this novel of a post, let me just say hang with me. I'm gonna bust out the goods soon. Like I said, I got a bad-ass new camera and I'm fixin to build me a lightbox and whatnot to take some pretty little pics of all my favorite things. so anyway, let me stop typing already and get to work!