Tuesday, January 31, 2012

NOTD--Ozotic 509--aka fantastical rainbow awesomeness

Do I even need to write ANYTHING about this one? Seriously, just go look at the pics--there's like 50,000 of them! Def click to make these mamas bigger!


More holo gorgeocity (yes this polish is so awesome, it necessitates creating a new word! gorgeous + ferocity= Ozotic 509) after the jump!




This is 2 coats over Sally Hansen Celeb City. 509 on its own is pretty sheer, so putting a silver foil foundation is a must in order to conserve this precious precious polish. Top coat is Out the Door. I'm usually all about the Seche Vite, but Seche Vite can sometimes be mean to holo polishes, so I steer clear of it when I wants mah rainbows to shine on...



Although some holo polishes can be fussy, this one applied effortlessly for me. No issues with dragging or unevenness or bald spots. Partly because of the silver base but mostly because Ozotic polishes rule like that. Ok, enough yammering. MOAR PEEK-CHURES!!






















(I need a better camera--must. become. macro-capable!!!)

:::::roaring applause:::: good show, Ozotic 509, good show!

Now, Ozotic is an Australian brand (seriously, those Aussies have the BEST polishes) but thanks to awesome e-tailers like http://shop.llarowe.com/ and http://www.overallbeauty.com/ us Americans can get our mits on them without paying an arm and a leg in shipping. 

Now before I publish this post, I feel I need to just add a quick disclaimer because I realized that this is no way a 'cheap' polish, but hear me out. While I love all makeup,  I was first and will forever be a polish ho (polish was, after all, my gateway drug to all my other cosmetic addictions). Polish remains the one and only thing for which I am willing to drop more dough than most and, because I buy all my OTHER makeup at cheapie drugstore prices, I have more $$ left over for crazy holo pretties like this (which you'd be hard-pressed to find in any drugstore----unless you hit the polish lottery and manage to discover some old Sally Hansen nail prisms somewhere--or any high end makeup counter for that matter)...anyway, so um, yea...it's TOTALLY ok for me to be a hypocrite and be all spendy when it comes to polish--ya got it? Good!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)