Saturday, February 9, 2013

are bad pics better than no pics?

So, I thought about it and decided--what the hell,  I'll post all my bad cell phone pics of the manis I've done over the past few months. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK. In addition to being shot by inferior equipment in inadequate lighting, these pics feature work that was never intended to see the light of day--that means there's all kinds of ragged, dry cuticles, sloppy application & little to no clean-up. Think you can stomach it?



Orly Pre-amp stamped with Konad special white. This was sometime in late December...

Zoya Fei Fei stamped with Wet N Wild Black Creme. Mid December, maybe??

Purple ruffle mani done with more purples than I can remember and a dotting tool. 

My New Year's nails. China Glaze Blonde Bombshell stamped with Wet n Wild black creme with some decals thrown in for good measure. 

Icicle nails! The baby blue base  is a new for 2013 New York Color polish (I can't remember the name for the life of me and I can't find the bottle--arrgh!). The icicles were done with a Kiss nail art striper and then I topped it with a subtle teal blue glitter polish by Confetti (which I also can't remember and can't find...doh!)

Wacky acid trip nails! I started by making a bullseye pattern with all the bright colors from the China Glaze Cirque de Soliel collection, then I stamped over all that crazyness with Konad Special white. Utterly headache-inducing!

More colors from China Glaze Cirque du Soliel (my husband got me the entire collection for Christmas--told ya he was awesome!!). This is a base of Hanging in the Balance, dotted with Def Defying. The smaller dots inside the bigger dots are Hanging in the Balance again, which ended up taking on a dark green hue over top of the chartreuse--unintended but I still liked it!

So that's just a little glimpse of what I've been up to nail-wise over the past few months & what I thought was unworthy of blogging about. Ugh I cry just looking at those poor dry cuticles!! ::::rubs Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle cream feverishly into fingertips:::: I promise, cuticles, as God as my witness, you shall never go thirsty again!!






2 comments:

  1. Haha, you are so funny! I think the pictures look great! Your nail art is amazing. So much better than what I can do! It is funny. I took a little time off from blogging and photographing my manis and I just started up again. I had no idea how sad my poor cuticles had gotten until I started photographing my manis again. The dry winter air is not doing them any favors. Yours look perfect next to mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I know winter is SO brutal on us polishaholics :(. I'm glad you appreciate my less than serious tone. Sometimes I worry I come off as obnoxious--like the Carrot Top of beauty bloggers or something :::shudders:::...i just want my posts to be fun to read :) Thanks for stopping by and remember moisturize those cutes!!

      Delete

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)