Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Five Favorite blues in honor of Autism Awareness Month



As many of you know, April is Autism Awareness month. This is a cause very near and dear to my heart, especially because I have family members who have and live with Autism. Blue is the official color for Autism Awareness, so I thought in honor of the month, I would do a post about my 5 favorite blue nail polishes.

From left to right: Revlon Royal; Orly Stone Cold; Color Club Otherworldly; Barielle Falling Star; China Glaze Dorothy Who.







sun
shade




Here's why I love 'em:

Revlon Royal: It's a beautiful, easy to find cobalt blue jelly! And an affordable one at that! What's not to love?!

Orly Stone Cold (from the Mineral FX collection): This is basically blue polish perfection. The formula is impeccable and the finish is to die for! It's almost like a micro flakie or something (the particles are too large to be  called "glass fleck" in my mind)--the shimmer is insane and it has this amazing depth to it. Definitely one of my top 10 "most awesomest polishes ever'!

Color Club Otherworldly (from the Starry Temptress collection): I am in love with all the Starry Temptress polishes. Otherworldly has that odd but awesome sparkle-less glitter that gives the polish this unique speckled look that I am absolutely obsessed with. I also love the nearly neon shade!

Barielle Falling Star: Gorgeous, slightly dusty blue with orangy-copper glitter. I mean, COME ON! Of COURSE this has to be in my top 5 blues. LOVE!!!

China Glaze Dorothy Who: There's a good reason this polish is a classic--it's frickin AMAZE-BALLS! It's also one of the first China Glazes I ever bought & the one that got me hooked on the brand. 

So are you a fan of blue polish? What's your top 5?



1 comment:

  1. i am not sure about a top 5 in my blue polishes,however,I do have Otherwordly,and it is pretty.I also like REvlon Royal even though I don't own it.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)