Friday, April 27, 2012

Glitter Me Up Friday by way of Seuss!!



I'm very excited to bring you this post today for 2 reasonsL 1) It's the first in what will be a weekly Friday glitter celebration started by the awesome Shaina of SG Nails! And 2) your Friday dose of glitter this time around is provided by none other than the amazing Seuss by Whimsical Ideas by Pam!!




Is this polish seriously not the coolest thing ever?? I absolutely love it! The color combo is dead-on-- The minute I saw it, I was immediately taken back to my childhood, thumbing through my copy of The Cat in the Hat with its iconic red, blue and white cover...Dr. Seuss is one of those cherished things so many of us share from our younger days and I am thrilled to be able to pass the wonder, magic and sillyness of those books onto my own sons...and I'm even more thrilled to have such an awesome polish that pays tribute to it all!

Seuss is a gorgeous bright blue jelly with  large and itty bitty silver hexes &smaller red hexes in it. The big silver hexes turn white when they are encapsulated by the jelly of the polish--I absolutely love the effect! My pictures are 3 coats of Seuss (no undies needed for this one) with Seche Vite on top. The polish was easy enough to work with--a nice, medium consistency (not too runny, not too thick--"just right" like Baby Bear's bed was to Goldilocks lol). Some of the silver glitters were a tad stubborn & had minds of their own,  but I haven't met a big hex glitter yet that didn't have a little bit of a 'tude. 

This is the second of 6 awesome polishes I got from Pam. Click here to see the amaze-ballsness that is Hatched! That means I still got 4 more pretties for you to drool over!

By the way, be sure to go and "like" Pam's Facebook page to learn more about her pretties and be sure to check out the other awesome posts for Glitter Me Up Friday!!

Fellow Glitter Freaks:
Alanna from Pretty Purple Polish
Rebecca from Polished Peripherals
Shaina from SG Nails



1 comment:

  1. OH MAN! After your first post I went and checked out her page and this one was my FAVORITE!!! LOVE IT!!!!
    I saw someone on etsy yesterday, can't remember who now, that make some resin jewelry out of this polish and it was soooo pretty.
    GAH! Why are you forcing me to spend money??????

    :D

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)