Tuesday, April 3, 2012

nails on crack from your favorite bimbo punk



I totally thought I was off the crack, but then they came out with glitter crack and I had a massive relapse. According to the flood of China Glaze press releases in my Google Reader app this morning, China Glaze is coming out with a line of glitter crackle colors and so is Nicole by OPI, but I won't be buying any of those those. Why you ask? Because I found a bunch of glitter crackle polishes that look JUST like the China Glaze ones at Five Below (a brand new MASSIVE Five Below that they opened a few towns over)...here's what I did with a few of them:





This is Funky Fingers Blue Glitter Scales (what they call their particular incarnation of crack--everybody's gotta have their own snazzy little name) layered over Fuchsia Glitter Scales layered over NOPI's It's All About the Glam.  

(please ignore gnarly cuticles and sloptastic polish application, k? thx)



I confess, the idea to layer one glitter crackle over another is not my original idea. I saw it on one of the other bazillion nail blogs that I follow and I would TOTALLY link to that blog right now if I could only remember which one it was (if I DO find it, I will def edit this post and put the link in). Damn faulty brain and its inability to remember junk!

These crackles are much more subtle than their non-glitter cousins. I discovered (after completely jacking up the first hand I did) that you should definitely use a thicker coat for these or it won't crack well--you'll just end up with what I call "canyon nails" (one massive crack down the center of your polish). Also, if you apply it over slightly wet polish, it will crack your basecoat (a problem I never had with regular crackles). 

Anyway, in the end, I'm glad I only paid 2.50 per bottle for these (they were 2 for $5) because, honestly, I'm not a fan. Glitter crack is whack...


Anyway, now for the bimbo punk portion of this post. Here's my look of the day:





Bleach blond plus neon leopard and studded leather and chains--what ELSE would you call that but bimbo punk. Just remember, I'm the one who started the trend lol...anyway, enough over-estimating my impact on the fashion world and onto the products I used here:

Face:
The usual Almay Clear Complexion foundation, concealor and powder
L'oreal Project Runway blush in "accidentally ripped off the label and can't for the life of me remember the name" (DOH!)
Wet N Wild Bronzzer in Acapulco Glow

Eyes:
NYX HD eyeshadow base
Glamour Doll Eyes loose eyeshadow in Jailhouse Jumpsuit and Aqua Foil (LOVING these shadows and yes I am STILL planning a mega swatchfest of all the GDE shadows I hauled about a month ago)
Wet N Wild creme shadow pencil in Pixie
Jordana Fabuliner in black
Milani Liquif'eye pencil in black
Wet N Wild Coloricon shadow single in Panther (my new go-to for setting my liner)

Brows:
ELF brow kit in medium
ELF clear brow setting gel

Lips:
Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Fruiti



Oh and here's a shot of the spider post earrings I made out of some Halloween craft button thingies I've had sitting around forever (I hoard halloween-themed craft supplies-well, I hoard halloween-themed ANYTHING really. It makes my little black heart happy)... Stay tuned to find out how you can win a pair (among other things)!!

4 comments:

  1. The crackle looks good layered.Funky Fingers doesn't exist here,but they're made by the same company that makes ColorClub,which makes me wonder if there will be cracked glitter from ColorClub as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt know Color Club and Funky Fingers were sisters lol...I thought I remembered seeing a press release from Color Club about glitter crackles--but I could very well be imagining things.

      Delete
  2. WHOA hot momma!!!! I just had to read your post when I saw the title!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's me--always with the provocativeness--the barbara walters of beauty blogs over here. :)

      Delete

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)