Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spam on the Cheap, the FOTD edition

Yep, it's time to clean out the To Post folders again--I always procrastinate on sorting through my FOTD pics because I tend to take about 340850438504 shots of each look and it takes forever just to upload them and click through them all.

It's kinda funny--I can tell the chronology of these pics based on my hair color's metamorphosis. Gotta love my Manic Panic A.D.D.!


**Unless otherwise noted, I used the following in all these pictures: Almay Clear Complexion Foundation, Powder and Concealor in Light/Ivory; ELF Eyebrow kit in 'medium;' Jordana Fabuliner; Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara; NYX HD eyeshadow base**


Look, I still have pink hair in this one! 
Eyes: Sugarpill Chromalust in Tiara and Stella
Cheeks: Physicians Formula Happy Booster blush
Lips: Baby Lips balm--the minty one with no pigment in the lime green tube (I can't remember the name)...




Enter the Turquoise/purple hair! 
Eyes: Wet N Wild 8 Pan eyeshadow in "Blue Had Me at Hello." Sugarpill Chromalust in Stella
Cheeks: ELF blush in Pink Passion
Lips: Revlon Lip Butter in Dollypop over NYC Lipstain in Forever Fuchsia




Oh look, yet another blue shadow look...what a shock.
Eyes: Glamour Doll Eyes shadows in Fabulous  and Aqua Foil, some ELF loose shadow that I can't remember and Sugarpill Chromalust in Stella (oh yea I'm crushin HARD on Stella!)
Lips: ELF lipstick in Gypsy
Cheeks: Physicians Formula Happy Booster blush




This is my eye look from yesterday. I was being lazy and didn't do my whole face, hence the eyeballz only shots. For this look, I used Pearl Ex Pigments in Green/Yellow Duo, Blue/Green Duo and Interference Gold. 

What are Pearl Ex Pigments you ask? Well, if you are a crafty bitch like me, you might find the name familiar: they are powdered pearlescent pigments used to add color and luster to arts and crafts projects. You can find them in places like Hobby Lobby, AC Moore and Michael's. Here's the thing about them: they are non-toxic, inert, acid-free, amazingly finely milled, richly pigmented and they apply, blend, and last (all frickin day) like a DREAM...but they're not TECHNICALLY cosmetics. I figure if it looks like makeup, applies like makeup, and is made of perfectly safe ingredients, then HECK, to ME, it's makeup! But, to cover both my ass and Pearl-Ex's I'm gonna say if you wanna try them out, do so 'at your own risk.' I've worn them quite a few times with absolutely no ill effects whatsoever and I am always blown away at how vibrant they are and how easy they are to work with.  ...

Anyway, so there's some of the mugshots I've collected over the past few months. Clearly, I gotta lay off the blue eyeshadow for a while. It's funny. I used to avoid blue shadow like the plague cuz I always read it didn't do anything for green eyes. But, after I started dying my hair all crazy-like again, I decided to HELL with what's "appropriate." I just wanna play with COLOR, dangit! 

Here's to self-liberation...

So what's your color of the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)