Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Salt N Peppa Popsicle


Look, ain't I funny? I did one of those thingies where you combine the names of polishes in your post 
title to make it sound like something completely different. That's right, peeps. You better be scared of me & all this cleverness I got over here...

Alright, enough senseless rambling...

THIS, people, is the amaze-bawlz, retina-seering, practically radioactive insanity that is Orly Melt Your Popsicle from the line of neons they just released. Yea, these photos? Not even CLOSE to the redonk brightness these babies give off. Let's just say that, if your power goes out and you're wearing this polish, you will have no need for a flashlight....These 2012 Orly neons are the BRIGHTEST polishes I have ever come across in my entire career of polish-obsessing.

OH, and the awesome black and white speckly things on top of Melt Your Popsicle? That would be none other than Salt N Peppa, beautisimal (yea it's so awesome, it needs a whole new word to describe it) creation of Karin and Lexi of Lush Lacquer, who (as I've mentioned before) serve up sparkling indie  fierceness over on Etsy. Seriously, if you haven't already, go buy their polishes! These ladies have some kind of crazy sorcery over glitters. I've never met such gorgeous, well-behaved glitters in my life. I know I must sound like a broken record but, once again, these glitters come out of the bottle with no problem, lay down nice and happy on the nails (a few of the bar glitters might hang over a nail's edge but ALL bar glitters are guilty of that) and spread out beautifully. Love love love and love some more!



(oh God, the cuticle horror show. For your own safety, look AWAY from the base of my nails)

(note the gorgeous iridescent microglitter that is also mixed into Salt N Peppa & ignore my tip-wear...frickin housework always wreaking havoc on my manicures)

This mani consists of:

basecoat of Beauty Secrets nail hardener 
1 coat of Finger Paints Papier Mache
2 coats of Orly Melt Your Popsicle
2 coats of Lush Lacquer Salt N Peppa
1 coat of Seche Vite Quick Dry Topcoat

So are you on board with the neon trend this summer? What about the black and white glitter bonanza currently happening in the indie polish world? I, personally am in SO much luuuuurrve with both these things!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)