Friday, May 4, 2012

Glitter Me Up Friday Vol. 2!!



It's  Glitter Me Up Friday again! I'm on my way out of town for the weekend & I'm in the middle of packing, so this will be short n sweet...also, since I won't have access to a computer while I'm gone & I am not nearly organized or on-top-of-my-shit enough to have posts scheduled to pop up while I'm gone, you won't be hearing from me again til Monday--but I'm sure somehow you'll find a way to make it through...

This week, our glitter dose is provided by All That Glitters, another amazing Etsy polish maker. This is the gorgeous Space Oddity:




LOVE!!! Space Oddity is a sheer black jelly polish with multiple sizes and shapes of opaque white glitter & there's silver micro glitters lurking around in there, too. This is 1 coat of SO over Wet N Wild Black Creme. I am SO obsessed with white glitter and I love how this almost looks like granite or something (ya know, maybe if you squint your eyes real tight?)...also love that it's named after one of my favorite David Bowie songs EVER. She has a few other Bowie song polishes for sale, too. I'll be showcasing another one of them soon. 

Formula-wise, this polish was surprisingly easy to work with. White glitter is notorious for adhering itself to the sides of bottles and not budging, but I was able to easily get a nice amount of glitter out of the bottle and the glitter spread out nice and easy over the nail--no gangs to break up. Love when that happens! As for consistency, this polish is on the thin side so I would definitely recommend layering it over black if you want it to look like the bottle. I actually prefer thinness when it comes to glitter polishes like this. It lets the glitter particles shine through without getting swallowed up by the base, also, you can move the glitter around on your nail if you need to without worrying about creating gobs & lumps. 

If you want to snag a bottle of your own glitter Bowie glam rock awesomeness, head over to the All That Glitters Etsy Shop. As of right now, the shop is open and this polish is still in stock!

Have a good weekend, all. Catch you on the flip side (of the weekend, that is)...

OH! And don't forget to check out my Glitter Me Up Friday sisters. 




3 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! I love All that Glitters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I finally got my hands on Spotty Dottie Light & Dark...I can't get enough of black & white glitter!

      Delete
  2. Wow your blog is awesome! I've been trying to seek out more fashion blogs & yours is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)