Friday, July 20, 2012

my heart is not in this today...

I had a few nearly-done posts that were supposed to go live for today but there's no way I can even think about them now.  My thoughts, my heart and my mind are all in Aurora Colorado right now. 

My son's absolute favorite superhero is Batman. It's so terrifying to think--what if I happened to live in that town and decided to treat my son & take him to that premiere?  How heartbreaking to think of all the parents who were trying to do just that for their kids...all the people who just wanted to see a movie and ended up dying instead...or being horrifically injured. 70 victims....

There is so much I want to say but I'm absolutely adamant that this blog remain a politics-free zone.  And preaching my point of view won't unshoot any of those bullets, anyway. So I'll just pray instead and show my respect by keeping silence on this blog for the rest of the weekend. 

I'll be back on Monday. Until then...













1 comment:

  1. I was going to do a regular nail post on my blog today, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I just wasn't in the mood for it. My mind has been "what if that was the midnight showing in my town? my friends and family?" I just got world that a friends sister in law's nephew passed in the tragedy. Worst part was it's his birthday today =(. That's when it even hit home more, i know that it's a big stretch of knowing someone, but i'm seeing how it's affecting the family and it's so upsetting. So I took a break from the blog tonight and just have been reflecting and praying that all the victims and their families get through this awful day. At least there is peace in the fact knowing that those people are all in a better place.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)