Monday, July 9, 2012

Lemon-lime stamped nails courtesy of Sally Hansen and Walgreens.

The other day, I mentioned a ton of Limited Edition Sally Hansen Insta-dri and Complete Salon Manicure polishes that I found on clearance in Walgreens. Of course, I hauled my butt off when I found them and here's a mani I just did using 2 of the colors I picked up.

outdoors, sun

outdoors shade

outdoors, more shade

outdoors, even more sun

For these citrusy stamped claws, I used 3 coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Buttercup and then stamped with Sally Hansen Insta-dri in Just In Lime using the lime-slice looking image from Cheeky plate CH13. Both these polish shades are from Limited Edition Spring/Summer 2012 lines--the CSMs are from the 2012 Tracy Reese Runway Manicures collection. Maybe if your Walgreens has as awesome a clearance section as mine does, you might be able to grab these for cheap. I'm also still spotting  the displays for both these LE collections at my Target, Walmart and CVS for their full price (which is why I was shocked to see them already clearanced at Walgreens).

 I always jump at the chance to get cheap Insta-dris because they are usually such good stamping polishes and Just In Lime didn't disappoint at all. Buttercup, however, was a bit of a pain to work with. 3 coats and it was still somewhat streaky. Glad I only paid $3 for it (as opposed to the regular Complete Salon Manicure price of 7.49!)...

Have you scored any awesome clearance hauls lately?



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful mani! Why do yellows have to suck so much?! They're always such a pain.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)