Monday, July 2, 2012

NOTD: Pink pick me up--plus glittery goodness (of course)

There is a direct correlation between sparkly pink nails and an overall sense of happiness--at least there is in my world. Whenever I'm feeling "blah," I inevitably put something like this on my nails and then think to myself "yea junk sucks but at least my nails are pretty." What can I say, I am shallow and easily amused. 








This particular pink prettiness was brought to you by Barry M Flamingo Pink and Color Club I Love You (or Rose, I Love You). This Color Club glitter is part of a mysterious Limited Edition Japanese glitter line that I've only ever seen on Victoria Nail Supply. Every time I place an order, I throw one or 2 of these in my cart for good measure. (See my swatch of Under the Mistletoe,-NOT to be confused with Beyond the Mistletoe--another one of these mystery glitters.) I Love you (or Rose, I Love You, as it is listed on VNS) is a warm pink sheer jelly polish with iridescent microglitter. Since it looked so sheer in the bottle, I decided to layer it over Barry M's Flamingo Pink. Flamingo Pink was pretty much the perfect match shade wise to get I Love You to look the way it does in the bottle. The formula was pretty easy to work with, which I was happy to see since sometimes Color Club glitters can be on the goopy/thick side (I had to majoryly thin out every last one of my Beyond the Mistletoe polishes). 

The above swatches are 2 coats of Flamingo Pink with 2 coats of I Love You and 1 coat of Seche Vite on top. Accent nail is courtesy of a chunky pink-flashing yellow glitter that I happened to have around and some pink half pearls I recently picked up off of Amazon.com. I just free-handed a half-moon shape on my ring finger with a bit of Gelous, sprinkled the yellow glitter over it, and then used the half-pearls to define the shape. Then I coated the whole thing with some more Gelous. 

Do you have a certain color you reach for when you need a pick-me-up?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)