Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My picks for the $20.00 face challenge

I've been seeing this $20.00 face challenge thing floating around many beauty blogs. Basically, the challenge is to do a full face of makeup and have all the products you use add up to be at or below the $20.00 mark. To this I say: NO FRICKIN SWEAT! I can SO do this and to make it even MORE challenging, I'm giving myself a few more parameters: I am only going to select products at their regular price (no super low sale prices or clearance prices allowed); I'm not going to cheat by using any free samples; I'm only going to use products that I own and know to work amazingly well and I'm going to charge myself for tools as well as actual makeup products.

So here are my picks. Using these products together, you can create a simple look with a neutral eye and bold red lips:

Face:
Wet N Wild Tinted Moisturizer--$3.99
 E.L.F. Translucent Mattifying Powder--$3.00
E.L.F. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder--$3.00
E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush--$3.00

Eyes:
Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara--$2.99
E.L.F. Brightening Eye Color eyeshadow quad in Butternut--$1.00
E.L.F. Eyeshadow Brush--$1.00
E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer--$1.00

Lips:
Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Cinnamon--$.99

GRAND TOTAL: $19.97 

Stay tuned for product shots and pics of a look that I'll create with these items!



2 comments:

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)