Thursday, February 23, 2012

What I'm currently obsessed with: fuchsia lips





You know how some artists have certain spans in their career defined by color--like Picasso's blue period for example--well, I'm kinda like that with makeup. I go through certain spells when all I want to wear is one single color--it's usually either my lips or my nails that get subjected to the fixation...

Anyway, so right now--for whatever reason--I'm in the midst of a fuchsia lip obsession, so I thought I'd do a post on my 5 favorite fuchsia lippies.



First let us marvel at the wonders of Revlon lip butter in Lollipop (oh yea I have a HUGE case of Lip Butter fever--at this point, I own 15 of the 20 available shades) and Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Fuchsia Fusion.
(swatches of everything  at the bottom of this post)

Fuchsia-licious! Lollipop is amazingly pigmented and I love the way it feels on my lips--nice and smooth and it has just enough slip (I hate when lip products are dry or sticky but I also hate when they are so slippery that it feels like you just kissed an oil slick.)

Fuchsia Fusion is an awesome pearly fuscia that has a blue flash that I frickin love. (I always gravitate toward cool, blue-based pinks. I just don't think the warm stuff looks good on me.) It's no coincidence  that both of these lip products are by Revlon. I think they make the best lipsticks Cheapie-land has to offer--super pigmented, lush and you don't have to re-apply every 5 minutes.




Next up is New York Color lipstain in Forever Fuchsia. Oh how I love these lipstains! Seriously the.freakin.best. I have every single shade they offer (at $5 a pop, why not get 'em all?). The marker-like packaging and the sharp tip give such a precise application and the product flows out evenly (I should mention I store my lipstains upside down so that ensures the lipcolor is always in the tip where it needs to be). This particular shade applies a flush of medium rosy pink at first but it's buildable to a bright eye-popping pink in 2 or 3 coats.  And these stains seriously do last. I STILL have the mark on my arm from the swatches I did for this post--it has lasted through a night's sleep & my morning shower. 




                                         

When eye-popping pink is not enough for me, I reach for my beloved Milani Lip Flash pencil in Flashy. This baby is not only hot pink \--it's got bright magenta GLITTER. And despite the glitter, it doesn't feel gritty or rough on the lips. It is super-pigmented and applies like buttah. Like BUTTAH! Plus I like the pencil-ness of it (if that's even a word). It makes putting it on nice and fool-proof (I hate fussing with lip liners).




Last but not least, I have Milani 3D Glitzy Gloss in In Vogue. This is a translucent hot pink gloss with hot pink glitter in it. It can be built to full coverage with a few swipes but my favorite way to wear it is to layer it over the above NYC lipstain. Once again, love the consitency--not sticky, not too thick but not so thin that it feels like olive oil on your smacker. I also love the applicator. Check it out:

front view

side view

It's a little brush! No doe-feet and no annoying flat paddle applicators (I seriously hate those things and am so annoyed that they are showing up in more and more glosses these days). Love how this brush distributes the product and keeps it only where you want it (no accidentally smearing over the lip line--YAY!)

Anyway, I've been wearing the heck out of these 5 lippies during the past few weeks and just thought it'd be fun to give 'em some props on the ol' blog. Love their color, love their quality and, best of all, love their prices (The most expensive one was the lip butter at about $8--but I rarely pay full price because I stalk Nouveau Cheap for sales notices and coupons, plus I also have Xtra-bucks or Register rewards or whatever to spend).

Here's the swatches:

From top to bottom: Milani Lip Flash in Flashy, Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop, Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Fuchsia Fusion, NYC Lipstain in Forever Fuchsia, Milani 3D Glitzy Gloss in In Vogue

So what do you think? Do you go through color "periods?" Thoughts on bright lippies?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks for the link! am now following. beautiful eye looks!

      Delete
  3. Have you checked out L'Oreal Shine Struck Liquid Lip color in Tainted? It was my baby step into fuschia lip color. Such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have NOT but i will sure to keep an eye out for it now. thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)